Departmental Contact Information
126C-D Middleton Library, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: (225) 578-2138 Fax: (225) 578-6992 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Odyssey: 18.104.22.168 OCLC code: LUU NUC code: LU
Network Affiliations: ARL, ASERL, SOLINE, LALINC, RAPIDILL
Types of Requests
- Requests received via OCLC preferred. We loan to most non-profit libraries and museums. We reserve the right to deny any request.
- ALA form by mail or email (if no OCLC access).
- Email requests accepted (if no OCLC access). These requests must include a complete citation, as well as the email and shipping address of the designated library.
- We do not accept personal requests; requests must come through a library or related professional support agency.
Material is due back to us 40 days from the date the request was shipped. Failure to return material may result in a lost book bill for no less than $100. A non-refundable $30 processing fee will remain even after extremely late material is returned. If the overdue material is received by us before it has been replaced (usually within 6 months), the $30.00 processing fee will also be waived if the material was documented as returned from the borrowing library on time, but was delayed due to the shipping service. Once the material is at least six weeks overdue, the borrowing library will be BLOCKED from further loans until the material is either returned or replacement costs are paid.
One renewal is permitted unless otherwise notified. The loan is due back to our library on the renewal date. All renewal requests should be submitted to us at least five days before the due date.
Types of Materials Loaned
(Maximum of eight requests accepted per day; please evenly disperse your borrowing requests with other libraries)
We reserve the right to refuse any request
- Master's Theses
- Microfilm (positive only)
- Proceedings and Book Series
Types of Materials Not Loaned
- Rare Items
- Reference Materials
- Reserve Materials
- Material that has been in the collection less than four months
- Most Periodicals/Journals
- Newspapers and serials on microfiche/microfilm newer than five years do not circulate
- U.S. Census Materials
- Micro-Opaque, Micro-Cards, Micro-Guides
- Certain Materials in Education Resources
- Most printed material housed in Special Collections in Hill Library.
- Material held by the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine Library (VETMED). It is a separate library. Their borrowing code is LBD.
- Material held by the LSU Law Library. It is a separate library. Their borrowing code is LUL.
- All requests for photocopies must be accompanied by copyright compliance.
- We do not have equipment to make copies from micro-opaque, micro-card, or micro-guides.
- The maximum number of pages scanned per request is 150, but no more that 20% of entire material.
- Photocopies cannot be made from thesis or disseration.
- $20.00 (plus shipping for international libraries)
- $15.00: 1 - 30 pages
- $20.00: 30 - 150 pages
- The lost item charge is the cost of the item plus a $30.00 processing fee. If a replacement cost cannot be determined, the charge will
be $70.00 plus the $30.00 processing fee, for a total of $100.00.
- Loans are shipped by US mail at the library rate.
- Special shipping is considered upon request, at the borrowing library's expense, either by Federal Express or UPS with an account number provided by the borrowing library or payment in advance using an Internal library invoice for UPS or First Class Mail.
Methods of Payment for Charges
- Reciprocating network affiliates are exempt from charges.
- RapidILL, LaLinc, ASERL, and SOLINE (exempt from fee for "returnables" only)
International requests should be submitted through OCLC. If the borrowing library does not have access to OCLC, requests can be submitted by email: email@example.com
The total cost will include our lending fee, plus shipping. Borrowing libraries will be notified beforehand of the total cost and asked to fill out, sign, and return an International ILL Verification Form (which we will supply to you).
Invoices will be mailed with loans and emailed for copies. IFLA payment is preferred. Other forms of accepted payment include: U.S. dollar payment with international money order or check drawn on U.S. bank funds; MasterCard or Visa
Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States