As head of Resource Description & Metadata Services (RDMS), I am responsibile for the daily management and operation of the Department. I serve as the Libraries' liaison to OCLC's Contract Cataloging for original cataloging, MARCIVE and NACO. I am also responsible for providing departmental and library-wide continuous cataloging education training. Additionally, I serve as the liaison librarian to the African and African American Studies Program, and I have responsibilities for the Libraries’ collection development in this area.
- LSU Libraries, Head of Cataloging, May 2002 - Present.
- LSU Libraries, Associate Librarian, July 2001- April 2002.
- LSU Libraries, Assistant Librarian, July 1996 - June 2001.
- LSU Libraries, Library Associate, 1985 -1996.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, MLIS, 1996. (Beta Phi Mu)
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, B.S., Human Ecology, 1984.
- Co-presenter, with Jo Ann Palermo, “The LSU Libraries State Historical Depository Collection: Meeting Evolving Needs,” LLA Conference, Shreveport, LA, March 26, 2015.
- Presenter, Assessing Technical Services at the LSU Libraries, LLA conference, Shreveport, LA, March 26, 2015.
- Presenter, Retooling Staff for an Evolving Library Environment, LLA Conference /LASAL, Shreveport, LA, March 26, 2015.
- Co-presenter, with Kelly Blessinger, Paul Hrycai, Stephanie Braunstein, and Jennifer Abraham Cramer. Created Equal: American Civil Rights Struggle, Poster Session, LUC, October 17, 2014.
- Co-presenter, with Zehra Zamin, Rosalind Hollins, Doris Hutson, and Catherine Mungall,” Implementing RDA: A Presentation from LOUIS and the LSU Libraries RDA Working Group, Louisiana Library Association, Lafayette, LA, March 27, 2014.
- Co-presenter, with Zehra Zamin, Rosalind Hollins, Doris Hutson, and Catherine Mungall,” Implementing RDA: A Presentation from LOUIS and the LSU Libraries RDA Working Group, Louis Users Conference, Baton Rouge, LA, October 4, 2013.
- Co-presenter, with Joseph Nicholson and Mike Waugh, “RDA Blast off at the LSU Libraries: Strategies and Lessons Learned during the Countdown to Launch” Louisiana Library Association, Annual Conference, Baton Rouge, LA, March 7, 2013.
- Presenter, LOUIS Users Conference, “What Cataloging Managers Need to Know To Prepare for Transition to RDA” Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge. LA, October 13, 2011.
- Co-presenter with Dr. Joyce Jackson and Dr. Stephen Finley of AAAS Program at High School Outreach to Capitol High and Madison Prep School, May 4, 2011.
- Presenter, ALA, ALCTS, “Cataloging, Circulation, and Special Collections: Collaborating Across Library Departments, It’s a Partnership,” Heads of Cataloging Discussion Group meeting, Philadelphia, PA, January 14, 2008.
- Griffin, Linda Smith. “RDA & Serials Transitioning to RDA within a MARC 21 Framework.” Serials Librarian, 66, no.1/4(2014): 7-19.
- Griffin, Linda Smith, review of RDA: Resources Description &Access: Strategies for Implementation, by Magda El-Sherbini, Catholic Library World, 84, no. 3 (2014): 209-210.
- Griffin, Linda Smith, “Practical Strategies for Cataloging Departments,” edited by Rebecca L. Lubas, (book review), Cataloging and Classification Quarterly 51, issue 4 (2013): 446-448.
- Griffin, Linda Smith. “A Selected Bibliography of Electronic Resources for African and African American Studies.” Louisiana Libraries, 73, no. 1 (Summer 2010): 38-42.
- Griffin, Linda Smith, “A Descriptive Bibliography of Selected African and African American Periodicals for a CORE Collection.” Handbook of Black Librarianship. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 2000. 369-384.
- Griffin, Linda Smith, “What Happened to the Serials Cataloger: Copy Cataloging of Serials.”Serials Librarian, 36, no.3/4(1999): 401-405.
- Griffin, Linda Smith, “At Issue: Dimensions of Seriality in an Electronic World: ALCTS Conference Report.” Serials Review 23, no. 3 (Fall 1997): 82-85.
- Louisiana Library Association Anthony H. Benoit Mid-Career Award, 2014 recipient.
- Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians, 2011 fellow.
- LSU Black Student Union (BSU) Faculty Honors, 2011 recipient.
- LSU Today "Flagship Faculty," November 12-19, 2010.
- Black Faculty and Staff Caucus at LSU, President’s Outstanding Dedicated Service Award, 2002 recipient.
- LSU University Volunteer Service Award, 2002 recipient.
- LSU Black Student Union (BSU) faculty member of the year, 2000 recipient.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Association of College and Research Libraries, Louisiana Chapter
- North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG)
- Louisiana Library Association
- Cataloging Education
- African & African American library resources for a core academic library collecton
- Social Organizations and Black Life
- Women in Louisiana Civil Rights Movement