As Humanities and Social Sciences and Outreach Services Librarian I am responsible for the areas of psychology, sociology, communication sciences and disorders, and communication studies, as well as outreach to special groups, research, and instruction service.
- LSU Libraries, Humanities and Social Sciences/Outreach Services Librarian, July 2006-present.
- LSU Libraries, Reference Information Literacy Librarian, July 2004-present.
- College Hill Library, Front Range Community College, Westminster, CO, Reference Instruction Librarian, Oct. 2003-June 2004.
- Norlin Library, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Reference Instruction Librarian, Jan. 2002-Dec. 2002
- Semester at Sea, Assistant Librarian, Jan. 2001-April 2001.
- University of Colorado School of Law Library, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Senior Instructor and Head of Public Services, Oct. 1994-Dec. 2001.
- Schmid Law Library, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, Associate Professor of the Law Library and Reference Librarian, Jan. 1987-Sept. 1994.
- Texas State Law Library, Austin, TX, Library Assistant I, Sept. 1985-Dec. 1986.
- Middleton Library, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Library Assistant I, Sept. 1983-Aug. 1985.
- East Baton Rouge Public Library, Baton Rouge, LA, Student Librarian, Nov. 1984-June 1985.
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of Texas, 1986.
- BA, English Literature, Louisiana State University, 1983.
- "Conversations for Collaboration: Librarians and the High School to College Transition in Louisiana." With Anthony J. Fonseca, Debra Cox Rollins, and Kathryn B. Seidel in Informed Transitions: Libraries Supporting the High School to College Transition, Kenneth J. Burhanna, Editor. Santa Barbara, CA, Libraries Unlimited, 2013.
- “Along a Continuum: Moving in Theory and Practice through the Collaborative to the Transformative in Teaching College and University Students to Use Government Documents in Research.” With Stephanie Braunstein, lead author, in Collaborative Librarianship 2(3): 147-153 (2010).
- “Diversity: A Task Force Survey of the Literature and Some Possible Trends for Academic Libraries.” in 73 Louisiana Libraries 8-11 (summer 2010).
- "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Google and Wikipedia: Two Classroom Exercises and Some Musings and Trends" Chapter 17, pp. 297-308 of Teaching Generation M: A Handbook for Librarians and Educators. New York, Neal Schuman, July 2009.
- "The Ambidextrous Librarian or "You Can Teach a Middle-Aged Dog Some New Tricks!" in Reference and User Services Quarterly 48:26-28 (Fall 2008).
- "A Typical Year in Outreach Services at Louisiana State University Middleton Library." in 69 Louisiana Libraries 3-5 (Winter 2007).
- "A Case for an Integrated Model of Community College and Public Use Libraries" Public Libraries 46 (July/August 2007): 46-49.
- Recognition for Excellence Award, Front Range Community College Library, 2004.
- Humanitarian Award, University of Colorado Law School, 1999.
- American Library Association, 2004-
- Association of College and Research Libraries, 2004-
- Louisiana Library Association, 2004-
- American Association of Law Libraries, 1985-2001
- Outreach Services
- Generational Research
- Mid-Career Changes for Librarians