- Patrons are responsible for returning the materials they borrow by the due date. As a courtesy, reminder notices are sent to patrons when material becomes overdue.
- Regular overdue charges are 50 cents per day per item.
- For information about overdue charges on electronics, see http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleid=3494.
- Overdue charges on journals and other short term loans are $1.00 per day per item.
- Charges for Reserve and unbound periodical items are $1.50/hr.
- The maximum fine is $20.00 per item.
- In addition to fines, service charges and lost book fees are assessed after the maximum fine is reached, or after 40 days, whichever comes first.
- Fines may be paid at the Access Services Desk at the time overdue materials are returned during the following times (barring holidays, school breaks, and special hours). Call Access Services (225) 578-2058 to confirm the hours.
- 08:00 am - 5:00 pm, Mon-Fri.
Borrowing from LSU Libraries
- Who Can Borrow
- Gear 2 Geaux
- Delivery Services
- Fines and Fees (active tab)
- Lost or Damaged Items
All library charges forwarded to the Bursar's Office must be paid at that office prior to registration and/or before grade transcripts will be released by the University. Charges may not be adjusted for bills older than 180 days.
Current library charges may be paid at the Access Services Desk using cash, Tigercard, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards. Current library charges may also be paid online with Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit cards, using a link in the online catalog. Older bills (already at the Bursar's Office) may be paid with Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit cards through myLSU.