In-State Reciprocal Borrowing
LALINC is the Louisiana Academic Library Information Network Consortium. It enables students and faculty of Louisiana colleges and universities to borrow materials from member libraries.
Who is eligibleEach library determines its level of participation. LSU Libraries issues LALINC cards to LSU faculty and graduate students for use at other LALINC institutions. It honors cards from other institutions issued to faculty and graduate students, not staff or undergraduates.
To request a LALINC borrowing card
- The LSU DE student applies for a LALINC card using the online LALINC application form.
- The Middleton Circulation Department verifies that the student is registered for DE classes and prepares and mails the LALINC card to the DE student.
- The DE student presents the LALINC card at the circulation desk of the LALINC library that they wish to use.
- Each LALINC library determines the local procedure for using the LALINC card, so each has a unique procedure for checking out materials. Some issue a temporary checkout card, valid for the semester, to the student. Some hold the LALINC card while reserve materials are being used. Students may use a LALINC card at any participating library, but must abide by the policies and procedures of each library.
- The level of LALINC library privileges is set by individual libraries, so privileges vary somewhat from library to library. Detailed information about LALINC privileges can be found on the LOUIS Web Page. Although interlibrary loan (ILL) privileges are not usually available to those using LALINC cards, they are available to DE students. If neither the site library nor the LSU Libraries owns needed material, the DE student can request it through ILL at the LALINC library.