Curator of Books and History Subject Librarian
- Acquire rare books and other published materials for Special Collections.
- Make presentations to classes and the general public about Special Collections materials and services.
- Prepare exhibitions based on rare books and archival materials.
- Provide reference and research assistance.
- Select books in the field of History for the circulating collections in Middleton Library.
Areas of Expertise
History of Books and Printing
Teaching with Primary Sources
Books as Artifacts
MLS, Special Collections Librarianship (2007), Indiana University
MA, History (2007), Indiana University
BA, History and Linguistics (2004), Indiana State University
Certificate of Proficiency (expected 2015), Rare Book School, University of Virginia
Other Training (selected)
Art and Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies, online course, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2015.
History of Cartography and Maps, California Rare Book School, UC Berkeley, 2013.
History of Books and Printing Workshop, Texas A&M University, 2006.
Subject Specialist for: