Giving to Special Collections
Through the generosity of donors of both materials and funds, Special Collections is able to build collections that serve students, scholars, and the general public, enhance in-person and online access to our unique holdings, provide educational public programming and exhibitions, and preserve the history of Louisiana and the Lower Mississippi Valley. Please consider giving today!
Provide Financial Support
Monetary donations for Special Collections may be made online or by check payable to the LSU Foundation. If paying by check or online, please indicate your gift is for the Special Collections Acquisitions and Support Fund. Checks should be made payable to the LSU Foundation and mailed to Hill Memorial Library, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803.
Curators for books and manuscripts work with potential donors to identify materials that are appropriate for the collections. Please contact one of the following to discuss items you are considering donating:
- Jessica Lacher-Feldman, Head of Special Collections email@example.com or 205-578-6551
- Tara Laver, Curator of Manuscripts firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-6546
- Elaine Smyth, Interim Dean of Libraries email@example.com or 225-578-2217
- Michael Taylor, Assistant Curator of Books firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-6548
The following resources produced by the Society of American Archivists provide additional useful information for individuals and organizations interested in making a gift of materials to institutions like LSU Libraries Special Collections:
- Deeds of Gifts: What every donor should know
- Guide to Donating Your Personal or Family Papers to a Repository
- Guide to Donating Your Organizational Records to a Repository
If you are interested in donating books, you may find useful information in "Your Old Books," produced by the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries.