About LSU Libraries Special Collections
In 1985, the LSU Libraries organized the Special Collections division to administer the rare books, manuscripts, and other special research collections already held by the libraries. The division's principal mission is to preserve these collections, add to them, and make them available for use. Special Collections offers resources for original research in many fields, ranging from the humanities and social sciences to the natural sciences, agriculture, aquaculture, the fine arts, and design.
- Stars and Stripes
- LSU Libraries Special Collections and Partners Win NEH Grant to Digitize History of Louisiana’s Free People of Color
- New Digital Collection of Historic Postcards
- British Voices from South Asia
- Special Collections Co-Sponsors 2013 Historic Natchez Conference, April 17-20
- Library of Congress Adds Four Louisiana Newspapers to Chronicling America’s Digital Collection