Giving to LSU Libraries
All good research and scholarship performed at a university begins and ends with its libraries. LSU Libraries supports the work of students and faculty by providing information services, collections, and facilities that will help their scholarship make an impact. Through its commitment to excellence, LSU Libraries serves as an indispensable intellectual resource for the state of Louisiana, and to communities worldwide.
Your contributions to these funds give LSU Libraries the opportunity to both create and share resources, learning opportunities, and programs. Without the partnership of loyal LSU alumni, faculty, and other generous benefactors like you, LSU Libraries could not provide vital instructional and research materials demanded by today's students and faculty at Louisiana's flagship institution.
- Library Excellence Fund: This fund allows the Libraries to address the university's academic needs in ways that would not be possible otherwise, such as the purchase of digital textbooks, databases, and technologies for student study spaces.
- Special Collections Acquisitions and Support Fund: This fund supports the purchase of rare books or manuscripts needed for specialized teaching and research projects in all disciplines.
- Friends of the Library: This fund enhances the Libraries' contribution to the intellectual life of the campus and the broader community by supporting the purchase of books and the production of exhibits, events, and speakers.
- Reveille Digitization Support Fund: This fund supports the Reveille Digitization Project. Learn more about it.
- LSU Library Renovations Fund: This fund supports renovations to the current LSU Library building.
1. Click the “Give Now” button below.
2. Select “University Life.”
3. Under “Which area?” select LSU Libraries, then select your preferred fund. LSU Libraries’ priority funds are:
- Library Excellence Fund
- Special Collections Acquisitions and Support Fund
- Friends of the Library Fund
- Reveille Digitization Support Fund
- LSU Library Renovations Fund
To send your gift by mail, complete our donor form and mail it with your check to the address listed below. Please note: Checks should be made payable to the LSU Foundation, with the fund of your choice written in the memo line.
3796 Nicholson Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Planned and Estate Giving
You can increase your LSU legacy by making a planned gift to LSU Libraries. The most common planned giving method is a bequest in a will. Other planned giving methods include charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, retirement assets, life insurance, real estate, and more. Learn more about options for planned giving.
Stock, Securities, or Property
Your gift of appreciated stock, securities, or property may be exempt from capital gains tax and qualify for a charitable deduction while supporting the college. Learn more about donating via stocks and securities.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, contact your human resources department or click here and search for your company’s name.
If you are an LSU employee on the flagship campus, you can make a one-time or recurring gift via payroll deduction. Download the payroll deduction form.
An endowed fund is a perpetual source of support for a meaningful purpose. The principal is invested, and only a portion of the earnings is spent annually. This is a great way to create a lasting legacy. Learn more about endowments.