As part of the 2019-2022 Diversity Residency Program, advance special diversity-related projects across library departments while supporting scholarly communications initiatives.
This two-year library residency program, designed to engage librarians who are members of historically underrepresented groups, will give the successful candidate an opportunity to gain experience and skills necessary to thrive as an academic and research librarian.
- MS Library Science, Diversity Advocate Certificate, UNC-CH
- BA History and International Studies, minors in French and Spanish, DELF B1 Certifcat, UNCC
Professional Development Coursework:
- 2021 Essentials of Project Management, LSU Online & Continuing Education.
- 2020 Knowledge Management Certificate, Association of Talent Development.
- 2017 Crash Course in Assessing Library Instruction, Library Juice Academy.
Tavernier, W.; Hodge, T; Otero, A; Mohkamkar, M; and McDonald, E., (2021, April). Openness in our institutions: Counteracting isolation in LIS. Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Conference 2021. Panel presentation presented to the ACRL Conference 2021, Virtual.
McDonald, Ebony. (2021, Feb). Moderated “A Matter of Records: Using Genealogy to Tell Your Story.” Presented as part of the Chat & Chew series that is hosted by the LSU Office of Diversity.
McDonald, Ebony. (2020, Oct). Moderated "(Dis)Information Age: Self-Education as a Cure for Digital Chaos." Presented as part of the Chat & Chew series that is hosted by the LSU Office of Diversity.
McDonald, Ebony. (2019, Nov). Moderated "Accommodating Diverse Bodies and Minds." Presented as part of the Chat & Chew series that is hosted by the LSU Office of Diversity.
Kelsey, Sigrid and Ebony McDonald. (2019, Oct). "LSU Libraries Diversity Residency Program: Planning, Launching, and Assessing." Presented at the LOUIS Users Conference, C.B. Pennington Jr. Conference Center, Baton Rouge, LA.
McDonald, Ebony. (2019, May). "You're Only Deceiving Yourself: Using Assessment Tools to Combat Impostor Syndrome." Lightening talk presented at the New Librarians Symposium, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON.
Simms, S.; Haskins, N; and McDonald, E.S. (2022). Together from the ground up: Deconstructing the research process for first semester students at Louisiana State University. In S. Kelsey (Ed.), Fostering Student Success: Academic, Social, and Financial Initiatives. ALA Editions.
McDonald, E. (2020). 2020 Regina Medal Recipient Christopher Paul Curtis. Catholic Library World, 90(3): 177-79. https://bit.ly/2UfT5WS.
McDonald, E. S. (2019). An awakening with regional archivists. Journal of New Librarianship, 4(2). https://doi.org/10.21173/newlibs/8/10
- 2019 February-Present. Diversity Committee, LSU Libraries.
- 2019 August - Present. University Hearing Panelist, LSU Student Advocacy & Accountability.
- 2021 May-July 2021. Search Committee: Director of Communications, LSU Libraries.
- 2020 Oct-March 2021. Screening Committee: Head of Archival Processing, LSU Libraries Special Collections.
- 2019 August - May 2021. Chat & Chew Committee, LSU Office of Diversity.
- 2019 August - June 2020. Programming Committee, LSU Libraries.
- 2019 March - September 2019. Screening Committee: Digital Strategies Librarian, LSU Libraries.
- 2020 Best Outreach Program Award. Granted to LSU Libraries Programming Committee by LOUIS Libraries Consortium at the 2020 Louis Users Conference. https://www.louislibraries.org/luc/about/awards.
- 2019 Most Outstanding Early Career Librarian. Granted by LOUIS Libraries Consortium at the 2019 Louis Users Conference. https://www.louislibraries.org/luc/about/awards
- 2019 IDEAL Travel Award. Columbus, OH. Granted by The Ohio State University Libraries, the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), and the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). https://www.arl.org/news/ideal-19-advancing-inclusion-diversity-equity-and-accessibility-in-libraries-archives-travel-awardees-selected/
- 2018 Most Outstanding Faculty & Staff Award. Granted by the Salem College Student Government Association, Winston-Salem, NC