I have been with LSU Libraries in multiple positions since 2013. I am the Agriculture Librarian and responsible for events and programs at the library.
My job is to not only help people better identify and use resources but to also introduce and help develop information literacy skills. I love helping people and making searching, not the horrible experience so many people have. I would love any opportunity to come talk to your classes, students, faculty, and/or staff about all the wonderful things LSU Libraries has to offer.
As the Events and Programming Librarian, I help facilitate the creation, implementation, and promotion of programs in the library as well as building and maintaining partnerships within LSU and the local community.
Departments and Schools
- Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- Agricultural and Extension Education and Evaluation
- Animal Sciences
- Coast & Environment
- Geology & Geophysics
- Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
- Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology
- Renewable Natural Resources
- Textiles, Apparel Design and Merchandising
- LSU Libraries, Events and Programming Librarian, October 2018-Present
- LSU Libraries, Agriculture Support Librarian, May 2015- September 2018
- LSU Libraries, Research & Instruction Graduate Assistant, August 2013-May 2015
- Louisiana State University, MLIS, 2015
- Northwestern State University, B.A., Communications, 2013
Morgan, R. L., Juve, N.,
(May 2018) Kennedy, E. H., McCluskey, J. J., Ostrom, M., Agriculture Mis-: Information, Conceptions, Perceptions, and Interpretations Panel (SI/RI IG), Oral Presentation, United States Agriculture Information Network, USAIN, Pullman, WA, United States.
Morgan, R. L., (October 2020) My Neck, My Back, my Anxiety Attack: Welcome Week at LSU or how we just learned to go with the flow, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference (LUC) 2020, LOUIS, Virtual. https://task.louislibraries.org/hc/en-us/articles/360057868653-My-Neck-My-Back-my-Anxiety-Attack-Welcome-Week-at-LSU-or-how-we-learned-to-just-go-with-the-flow
2. Morgan, R. L., Schwaid-Lindner, W., (October 2020) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Survey Responses: A Study of Virtue-Based Typology Within the Field of Librarianship Using a Universal Personality System, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference, LOUIS, Virtual. https://task.louislibraries.org/hc/en-us/articles/360056021094-Harry-Potter-and-the-Goblet-of-Survey-Responses
3. Morgan, R. L., Rowher, D., (July 2020) NOTHING COMPARES 2 (COLLABORATION WITH) U, Oral Presentation, NOLA Information Literacy Forum 2020, Virtual.
4. Morgan, R. L., Simms, S. L., (October 2019) Back that Success Up!, Oral Presentation, LUC- Louis Users Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
5. Morgan, R. L., (September 2018) Not Just Dogs: How Programming Helps the Academic Library build support, engage students, and foster a sense of community, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge.
6. Morgan, R., (October 2017) Programming for Fun and Profit: Engaging Students, Fostering Relationships, and Promoting your Library, Oral Presentation, 2018 Louisiana User's Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
7. Lopez, R., Kelly, R., (March 2016) Learning with LOUIS – Planning a Library-Wide Open House: Data-Driven Decision Making in Action, Oral Presentation, Learning with LOUIS, LOUIS- Louisiana Library Network, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
1. Morgan, R. L., (December 2018) How Do You Measure Fun and Relaxation? Assessing Academic Library Programming Using Traditional and Non-Traditional Forms of Assessment, Poster, Library Assessment Conference, ACRL, Houston, TX, United States. https://www.libraryassessment.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/15-Morgan-MeasureFunRelaxation.pdf
2. Lopez, R. N., (April 2016) Nurturing a New Crop of Ag Librarians, Poster, USAIN 2016, United States Agriculture Information Network 2016, Gainesville, FL, United States.
Morgan, R. L. (2021) We Belong Together: “Academic Libraries, Third Place, and Programs”. Louisiana Libraries.
Morgan, R. L. (2020). Supporting Student Wellness and Success through the LSU Libraries Relaxation Room. Journal of Library Outreach & Engagement, 1(1), 98-108. https://iopn.library.illinois.edu/journals/jloe/article/view/469/648
Morgan, R. L. (2019). Libraries and Gardens: Growing Together., Catholic Library World, 90(1), 68-68.
- LSU Libraries Service
- Programming Committee
- Committee Head January 2016 - Present
- Open House Committee
- Co-Chair- 2018 - Present
- Committee Member 2014 - 2018
- Student Advisory Council
- Chair 2018- October 2021
- Wellness Committee
- Committee Member 2019- Present
- LSU Service
- University Council on Gender Equity (UCGE)
- Chair 2021-2022
- Committee Member 2019-2023
- Faculty Advisor
- College Democrats 2019- Present
- Professional Service
- ACRL-ULS: Academic Outreach Committee, 2019- Present
- United States Ag Information Network (USAIN)
- Secretary 2022-2024
- Communications Committee 2022- Present
- Action and Advocacy Committee 2022-Present
- Membership Committee 2017- 2022
- Convener Rural and Social Interest Group 2016- 2018
- Libraries as Place
- Building Community
- Libraries as 3rd Places
- Play for Adults in learning
- Communication within libraries
- Power Structures within libraries