Some individuals not affiliated with LSU may receive limited borrowing privileges. These individuals include:
- Louisiana residents (age 18 or older) with valid photo ID
- Out-of-state residents who teach in Louisiana K-12 schools (must be requested by principal or superintendent)
- Out-of-state residents who attend LALINC institutions (must have LALINC Card)
- Out-of-state residents working for Louisiana state agencies
- OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program participants
- Graduate students from institutions located in other states or countries (must be requested by thesis advisor, department head, or a librarian at their home institution)
- The LSU Libraries will revoke a Public Patron Card in the event of misuse or if we receive information that the patron is no longer welcome on campus. Revocation of a Public Patron Card may result in permanent denial of Public Patron Card privileges.
Individuals may request a Public Patron Card and be processed during the following times (barring holidays, school breaks, and special hours). Call Access Services (225) 578-2058 to confirm the hours.
- 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Mon-Fri
- 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Sun
Letters requesting special borrowing privileges should be submitted to the Head of Circulation Services or to the Dean of Libraries and must be accompanied by proof of eligibility.
Public Patrons may borrow up to 10 books for a period of 28 days. Audio-Visual items circulate for 7 days. All Special Borrowers are subject to all rules and regulations including all library fees.
Due to licensing restrictions, remote access to electronic products is not available to Public Patrons. Also, Interlibrary Loan services are only available to Visiting Scholars.