- Patrons are responsible for returning the materials they borrow by the due date. As a courtesy, reminder notices are sent to patrons when material becomes overdue.
- Regular overdue charges are 50 cents per day per item.
- For information about overdue charges on electronics, see http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleid=3494.
- Overdue charges on journals and other short term loans are $1.00 per day per item.
- Charges for Reserve and unbound periodical items are $1.50/hr. Reserve items are considered lost if they are not returned within 24 hours after their due date.
- The maximum fine is $20.00 per item.
- In addition to fines, service charges and lost book fees are assessed after the maximum fine is reached, or after 40 days, whichever comes first.
- Fines for faculty and staff that have been transferred to the Bursar's Office must be paid there. Notify the Access Services Department as soon as your bills are paid in order to have your library privileges reinstated.
Borrowing from LSU Libraries
- Who Can Borrow
- Gear 2 Geaux
- Delivery Services
- Fines and Fees (active tab)
- Lost or Damaged Items
Current library charges may be paid at the Access Services Desk using your Tigercard or by check. Current library charges may also be paid online with a credit card through the library catalog. All library charges forwarded to the Bursar's Office must be paid at that office prior to registration. Older bills (already at the Bursar's Office) may be paid with a credit card through myLSU.