General Information on Gear 2 Geaux
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the LSU Library Access Services Desk. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill. You must be an LSU STUDENT with a student ID to be eligible for Gear 2 Geaux. You can request in person to be put on a waiting list for a laptop. Access Services will contact you via text message if one becomes available. Your request does not carry over to the next day, nor will you be contacted if a laptop becomes available less than 2 hours before the Access Services Desk closes.
Computers and Related Items
|Loan Period||Replacement Costs||Fines||Notes|
|Chromebooks||Semester||$1600 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximun of $50|
|Macbooks and Dell Laptops||Semester||$1600 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximun of $50|
|Computer Mouse||Semester||$15 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Display Adapters||12 Hours||$30 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine||Building Use Only; (connects Mini Display Port to VGA)|
|HDMI Cables||Semester||$10 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Microphones||Semester||$25 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Web Cams||Semester||$60 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Camcorders||3 Days||$550 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximun of $50.|
|Calculators||1 Day||$15 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Combination Locks||14 Days||$10 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Dry Erase Markers||12 Hours||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine||Building Use Only|
|Games||7 Days||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Phone Chargers||2 Hours||$15 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||$1.50/hr up to $20 maximum||Building Use Only|
|Power Strips||12 Hours||$15 replacement cost plus $5 processing fee||$1.50/hr up to $20 maximum||Building Use Only|
|Umbrellas||3 Days||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
- Current LSU Students
- A current, validated LSU Student ID is required for check-out.
- Circulation is limited to students with current check-out privileges.
- Students who routinely return electronic items late or who have checked out items and never returned them may lose their electronic checkout privileges.
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours past due time.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the FULL REPLACEMENT COST if the checked-out electronic item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also responsible for the FULL COST of repair parts and services if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Damage or lost charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard library notification procedures.
- Technically, electronic devices may not be renewed; they must be brought back to the Access Services Desk and discharged from the student’s account. If enough items are available, the item may be checked back out to the student.
- In order for a laptop to be checked back out to the same student, the Access Services Desk must have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop or camera can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss, or damage of items to the Access Services Desk (225) 578-2058.
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME and INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the LSU Library Access Services Desk.
- All laptops and camcorders must be returned 15 minutes before the Access Services Department closes.
Important Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.