The "hold" feature in our online catalog is available for you to request materials from LSU's main library to be retrieved and held for you at the Access Services desk. This is available for our materials listed in LSU-MAIN, EDUCATION and MUSIC.
- To request a hold, click on the "Catalog" tab from the Libraries home page.
- From here, search for what you need. Once you have found an item you would like to request, click on the "Place hold or interlibrary loan on this item" link.
- On the next screen you will enter either your 17 digit ID number as your User ID or 89 number for your alternate ID and your library PIN. Next, select "Place Hold." You will receive an e-mail when the material is ready to be picked up. You can retrieve your materials at the Access Services desk, which is located right inside room 241.
- A maximum of 5 holds can be placed per day.
- Holds and recalls must be placed through this method; no phone hold requests will be accepted.