Skip to Library Search Box
Items that may be placed on Reserve
- Any circulating materials owned by LSU Library
- Faculty’s personal copies of books (2hr, building use only)
- Journal articles owned by the libraries
- Course syllabus and class notes
Items that may NOT be placed on Reserve
- Book Chapters
- Books obtained through Interlibrary Loan
- Non-Circulating items
- Materials from other public/ academic libraries
- LSU Libraries reserve units will place materials on course reserve that comply with copyright law and its own internal policies.
- Requests for materials to be put on reserve should be submitted at least three weeks before the first day of class, although the Reserve Desk will continue to accept them throughout the semester.
- Faculty members must supply their E-Mail address upon submitting their reserve list.
- Faculty must provide the Reserve Desk with the bibliographic information.
- Books that are currently checked out need to be recalled by the Reserve Desk, not the faculty member.
- Any books that the library does not own can be ordered by the Reserve Desk.
- All items will be removed from Reserve at the end of each semester
- All personal materials and copies will be sent back to each Faculty member’s office through campus mail or will be made available for pick-up